Alverno Heights Academy is an independent, Catholic school for girls and boys in grades TK-8 and a college preparatory school for young women in grades 9-12. The school as a whole is dedicated to preparing our students to function in a society as informed, knowledgeable persons, who have the requisite skills to make and implement mature decisions about complex problems.
Enlivened by the spirit of its Immaculate Heart Community sponsors, and mindful of the Franciscan roots of its founders, Alverno’s program– academic, spiritual, aesthetic, social, and physical– is shaped by the staff, trustees, and students in light of the world for which the students are being educated.
FREELANCE WEBSITE CONTENT EDITOR AND CREATOR
Alverno Heights Academy is currently searching for a Freelance Website Content Editor and Creator to assist with the maintenance and ongoing design of the school website. This position would be for a starting term of a 40-hour contract over the course of 30-days with the possibility of additional hours added as needed on an hourly rate.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing, Director of Lower School, Assistant Head of School, and Head of School on the updating and maintenance of the Alverno Heights Academy website.
- Upload content, photos, and graphics to the website.
- Assist in the redesign and restructure of current website.
Qualities and Traits:
- At least 3-5 years of experience with WordPress.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with marketing, social media, and content creation.
- Strong technology skills.
- Experience with Photoshop preferred.
- Flexibility in scheduling and work.
- Ability to edit photos and create graphics.
- A warm personality, positive energy, calm demeanor, and a sense of humor.
- Strong writing skills.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate warmth, empathy, humor, and love.
- References must be provided along with a portfolio of previous work.
- Familiarity with Alverno Heights Academy and/or independent schools.
- Ability to be creative and take initiative to work independently.
- Comfortable asking questions or clarification.
- Seeks out new design opportunities or provide suggestions for improvement.
Salary and Benefits:
- Position is for 40-hour contract to start over the course of 30-days. Option for additional hours to be added on.
- $25 per hour.
- Position can be conducted entirely from home.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Sara McCarthy, Assistant Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in a position that may be open at a later date, please feel free to submit a resume to Ms. Michelle Gray, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com for future openings.