Senior College Timeline
Continue to challenge yourself and focus on your coursework at Alverno – avoid senioritis! Here is a snapshot of important activities, but for a full outline of our college process and timeline for Senior year, CLICK HERE.
- Attend the College Application Bootcamp scheduled before school starts in August to jumpstart your college applications.
- Parents and students attend Senior College Night to discuss the application process and understand the Senior application timeline.
- Senior College Seminar sessions take place throughout the Fall discussing college search and application process topics.
- Meet with your College Counselor to review your college lists and decide if you want to apply early anywhere.
- Update your SCOIR account with your college lists.
- Organize your college essays and applications in order of deadlines.
- Participate in college visits at Alverno and continue to visit colleges.
- Attend Application/Essay Office Hours held after school throughout Oct and Nov.
- Participate in Financial Aid Night in the Fall.
- Students will continue their SAT/ACT/Subject Tests plans, ending in early Dec.
Throughout the year, there is ongoing support for Senior students and families to address college essays, submission of applications, financial aid, processing acceptance, denial, deferral, and waitlist notifications, and making a college selection.
Applications and Deadlines
Early Decisions (ED) and Early Actions (EA) Deadlines: Nov 1st and Nov 15th
University of California and California State University Deadlines: Nov 30th
Institutional Scholarships and Arts Programs: Dec 1st or Earlier (typically at least a month before regular decision deadlines)
Regular Decision (RD) Application Deadlines: Jan 1st – Feb 15th.