Alverno Student Fundraiser 2017-2018
Dear Alverno Students,
It is our hope that you will be just as excited for this year’s Student Fundraiser as we are!
Our Student Fundraiser plays such an instrumental role within our school community, with the funds raised benefiting each and every student. The funds raised by each of you serves your state and the school overall, which is why it is so vital that we get 100% participation and strive to not only reach our goal but surpass it. The money (40%) that is raised funds each state’s activities and events, including retreats and Junior-Senior Prom. This year, we are embarking on a new structure that allows the entire student body to raise funds, not only for their states, but for specific projects here on campus. This year 50% percent of the funds raised will go towards: having microwave carts around the terrace, faster wi-fi, and installing a water bottle refilling station on campus.
The more we raise as a community, the better our school activities will be and the larger the impact of our 10% donation will be on this year’s school-wide charity. Our tagline says it all “Be Who You Imagine.” This year, your President and Vice-President are imagining ourselves to be the student body who can continue the philanthropic mission of Alverno Heights Academy and make each student’s time here at Alverno nothing short of amazing! This fundraiser is the perfect way to contribute back to your class and your school.
Leila Moreno and Sierra Curren
ASU President & Vice President, 2017-2018
$150/student – Every Alverno student is expected to raise $150 through the fundraiser
Do you have a sister at Alverno? There is a sibling discount!
$150 first student/$130 second student = $280
1.World’s Finest Chocolate (5 boxes) – Each chocolate bar sold brings $0.50 back to Alverno. Sell 5 boxes of chocolate (60 bars each x 5 boxes = 300 bars), turn-in $300;
$150 paid to World’s Finest Chocolate and $150 to Alverno.
- Chocolate boxes available beginning Thursday, January 4
- Boxes of chocolate will be distributed only if prepaid
- Last day to purchase chocolate: Wednesday, December 6
2. Jaguar Drawing Tickets (30 tickets) – Each Jaguar Drawing Ticket is $5 and enters participants in a drawing to win awesome prizes. There are lots of chances to win! Participants can win more than once as tickets are returned back into wheel even after chosen.
- Tickets distributed Friday, December 8 (only if prepaid)
- Drawings held- 01/12/18, 01/19/18, 01/26/18, 02/02/18
o Special drawing on 01/12 as it is our first drawing of the fundraiser!
- Last day to turn in ticket stubs is Wednesday, January 31, 2018 during state meetings
- Last day to turn in money is Thursday, January 11, 2018 during Academic Advising
3. Tax-Deductible Donation Option- If you prefer not to sell World’s Finest Chocolate or Jaguar Drawing Tickets, and would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the Annual Student Fundraiser, please submit a check for $150 payable to Alverno Heights Academy or pay online. (Receipts will be issued.)
- If fundraising obligations are met before Friday, December 15, students may wear free dress in accordance with dress code guidelines when we return from Christmas Break on Wednesday, January 3 until Tuesday, February 6. (Students must still wear formal uniform for the Wednesday, January 17 Liturgy.)
- The first major prize for our opportunity drawings (awarded Friday, January 12) will be an Amazon Fire Tablet. Additional prizes include gift cards ranging from $75-$125 at such stores as Target, Best Buy, Forever 21, Ulta, Amazon, and more!