Alverno Heights Academy is an all-girls, independent, progressive Catholic, college preparatory school dedicated to its mission of empowering each young woman to be exactly the person she wants to be. Located on the property of the former Barlow Estate in Sierra Madre, California, Alverno Heights Academy was founded in 1960 by the Sisters of St. Francis who sought to create an environment in the San Gabriel Valley where young women could become informed and knowledgeable persons. Later renamed Alverno High School and sponsored by the Immaculate Heart Community, Alverno’s program—academic, spiritual, aesthetic, social, and physical—has been shaped by the staff, trustees, and students. As Alverno Heights Academy once again, the school remains committed to its mission by encouraging each of their young women to be who they imagine.
Alverno Heights Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alverno Heights Academy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Part-Time Admissions Assistant
The Admissions Assistant will be an essential partner to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management in welcoming families as they learn about Alverno, providing day-to-day support for the admissions process, and interacting with a variety of constituents including applicant families, current students and volunteers, faculty/staff, feeder schools, and other sending organizations. This individual will join an energetic and mission-driven office that plays a key role in shaping first impressions and the ongoing experiences of families throughout the admissions process. Applicant should be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a part of team, have experience with social media platforms, super interpersonal skills, ability to manage events, and a strong willingness to learn.
This position is hourly and will be no more than 20 hours a week and starts in September 2017. Ability to be flexible with scheduling is a must as evening and weekend work may be required. Please send a cover letter and résumé to Sara McCarthy, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management, at email@example.com.
Nature & Scope of Duties:
- Provide logistical support for admissions events and other school related events
- Event management/attendance, including limited evenings and weekends
- Communicate with prospective families through phone calls, emails and in-person conversations
- Conduct parent and student interviews
- Participate in the internal Admissions Committee to help make selection recommendations
- Ability to learn and manage the admissions database ; collect and process documents
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to work independently and as part of a team; flexibility regarding responsibilities; perform outstanding customer service at all times
- Able to analyze problems and devise appropriate solutions, prioritize, work within tight deadlines, and exercise good judgement
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, strong presentation skills
- A good sense of humor, enthusiasm for a high-energy work environment, and collegial manner
- Warm demeanor and comfort speaking professionally to students and their parents
- High level of diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Preference given to an alumnae or current/past parent
- Experience in admissions, communications, education, or marketing desirable
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Sara McCarthy, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.