State Government Positions:
- Governor – responsible for implementing state laws and overseeing the Assembly; carry out legislative proposals and veto decisions; is a representative of the Government as a whole and serves as the voice of the whole state; work with ASU, administration heads, and moderators.
- Lt. Governor – derives duties from the Constitution; fulfills the duties of the governor when the governor is absent; has the power to assist meetings with governor; first in line to be appointed to governor’s office.
- Secretary – maintaining and keeping record of all data in the state; implementing the Alverno Heights Academy philosophy; writing notes and ensuring safe and effective elections. Ensure all government decisions and updates are communicated to the state government and entire state via Edmodo.
- Treasurer – receive money, keep accurate record of money and reports weekly during government meetings; managing budget expenditure; allocating funds.
- Sergeant at Arms – ensures government meeting controls. Serves as a Parliamentarian ensuring meeting and government protocols are followed.
- Assembly – consists of up to nine assemblywomen congregating to express promote, pursue, and share ideas; represents their state; votes and makes decisions on behalf of state. In charge of writing and submitted any bills and/or resolutions to congress for approval with approval of governor. A speaker of the assembly will need to be appointed as well.